Please see the links below regarding our admissions procedures along with key application documents.
Alternatively you may request printed copies from the school office.
Nursery Class Information:
All 3 and 4 year old children are entitled to 15 hours of funded childcare, a total of 570 hours per year can be claimed.
However, some working parents can claim an additional 15 hours of funded childcare.
To be eligible to apply for the additional 15 hours of funded childcare, the household must:
- Be a two-parent working family or alone working parent.
- Have all parents working and each parent earning on average –
- the equivalent of 16 hours a week at the National Minimum or Living Wage (includes income received from tax credits or Universal Credit) and
- earning less than £100,000 per year.
NB if one parent’s income exceeds £100,000 the household will not be eligible.
Both parents usually working, but one is temporarily out of work for a particular reason, as explained below:
- One/ both parent/s is away from work on leave (parental, maternity etc.)
- One/ both parent/s is in receipt of Statutory Sick Pay.
- Parents on zero-hours contracts will be eligible, as are those who are registered as self-employed.
- One parent is employed and the other parent has either: substantial caring responsibilities/ and or disability based on specific benefits received for caring; is a foster carer with their own three- and four-year-old children.
Parents who are in training will not be eligible as they can receive other Government support.
Parents can apply at: https://childcare-support.tax.service.gov.uk/par/app/applynow
Please also look at: www.childcarechoices.gov.uk for help with childcare options.
The Early Years Foundation Stage is based upon four overarching principles:
- A Unique Child
- Positive Relationships
- Enabling Environments with strong partnerships
- That children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates
In line with our Mission Statement, we at St Mary’s Primary School aim to support children to learn and develop in an environment within which Christian values are central to and celebrated, and where each child is loved, appreciated and affirmed, recognising that every child is a competent learner who can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured. We recognise that children develop in individual ways and at different rates. Children’s attitudes and dispositions to learning are influenced by feedback from others; we use praise and encouragement, rewards and celebration assemblies to promote a positive attitude towards learning.
Nursery Admissions FAQ Video:
The deadline for Nursery applications is 5th February 2021
Applying for a Reception Place 2021 Video:
The deadline for Reception applications is 15th January 2021
Reception Admission 2021 Video:
Addendum to Admissions Policy September 2020:
On the advice of the Education Commission of the Archdiocese of Southwark the governing body of The Federation of Sacred Heart and St Marys RC Primary Schools have agreed the following statement in order to clarify how its faith-based over subscription criteria will be interpreted whilst churches are closed or attendance at church is not possible due to COVID19. This statement has been shared widely with parishes in order to ensure that determinations made by parish priests concerning regular practice of the faith are being made on a consistent basis.
The suspension of the obligation to attend Sunday Mass was announced on 18th March 2020 by Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales. If a parent/carer attended Mass at particular parish (or parishes) prior to 18th March 2020 then they will be considered to have attended Mass in that parish (or parishes) regularly since that time. This will remain the case until the Sunday obligation is reintroduced by the Bishops.
- Cover Sheet for Application
- Welcome to St Mary’s RC School
- Family Details
- Religious Details
- Physical Details
- Background Details
- Emergency Contact
- Supplementary Form
Year 6 Secondary Transfer Process, September 2021:
The national closing date for applications is 31 October 2020. If we receive an application after the closing date we treat it as late.This means it cannot be considered until all on time applicants have been offered their places.
Pupil Services, Education and Social Services Department
Town Hall, Extension Building Wandsworth High Street London SW18 2PU
Phone: 0208 871 7316 Fax: 0208 871 8308
Email: [email protected]